Wednesday, April 29, 2009

At long last, spring comes to new england!

My roommate had a good laugh when i announced that spring time and child birth have something in common ( not i'm an expert in childbirth or anything!). My metaphor goes like this: winter is like labor and spring time is the baby. Once the baby has arrived, the mother (or so i've been told) forgets about the labor because she is overjoyed to be finally holding her precious child. Likewise, once spring has arrived, we New Englanders are so enraptured with it's beauty, we forget that winter was ever upon us. That's how I feel at least. The mountains of filthy snow lining the walkways, the icy wind blowing down my neck, and the 20 cups of tea i consumed daily are fading fast from my memory.

I finally got my Nikon D60!! Yay! I love it....although I don't know how to use it yet...at least the manual settings. Lots to learn! I don't think that i'll really be able to study my manual and fool around with the camera until school lets out on May 20th (YAHOO!). It will be a treat to study something besides Somalian pirates , fermenting techniques , The Latino Threat, Tibetan diaspora, and grave stones as material culture....don't get me wrong...it's not that I don't find these topics interesting, it's just that i'm really tired of producing, producing, producing. I want to produce photos, NOT term papers. I have senioritus big time. I'm counting my blessings though: at least its not swine flue. :-/
Here are some shots I took recently while meandering around campus. I forgot that Umass is actually not half bad. Spring has a way of improving a place.
As a side note, does anyone know how i can get my photos to appear bigger on here? When i stretch them it reduces the resolution and they look grainy.....click on the photos to see their actual clarity.

My friend Ashley was feeding the ducks at the campus pond... the ducklings will be here soon.
Want a Bud?



There are cherry trees all over campus. They take my breath away. I wish weeping cherry trees bloomed all year long....maybe in heaven they do


North Apartments at Umass


Happy little photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment