I love black and white photography....the way it makes me look at the textures and shapes in a different way and suspends my disbelief and romanticizes the subject or scene in the photo....ah it's magical. My first, and only, photography class was two years ago in college. It was a traditional dark room photography class and I borrowed my neighbor's Pentax K1000 that she had used when she was in high school and college....it's a classic camera and I got some good shots.....I will most likely never step foot in a dark room again, but it gave me a deep appreciation for the methods that my predecessors utilized to create their images. It's quite an incredible process....I still don't really understand how the paper absorbs the light projected through the negatives and how the chemicals make the image imprinted there appear.
Here are some of my favorite images from that class that a friend helped me scan. I'm not happy with the dust flecks in the images...but maybe it enhances the "classic" look. :)















Cor- I really think you could pursue photography professionally. Your work is seriously good. I'm not just saying that.
ReplyDeletethanks babe!! It's my backup plan...or maybe one of many careers! :)
ReplyDelete